The Environment - Let’s Preserve It!
File & Records Management cares about the environment. Not only does this service fill an important need to ensure that confidential records are disposed of properly, it also enables us do our part in preserving the environment.
- Every ton of paper recycled saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water 4,100 kilowatts of electricity and frees up 3.3 cubic yards of space in our landfills.
- Americans throw away enough office and writing paper annually to build a wall 12 feet high stretching from Los Angeles to New York.
- Every day American businesses generate enough paper to circle the Earth 20 times.
- Every year each American household receives an average of 1.5 tree's growth of bulk mail advertising — commonly known as "junk mail."
- Recycling reduces the amount of environmental degradation and saves resources.
- Recycling conserves natural resources including forest lands reducing the need for mining and drilling activities disrupting habitats.
- Recycling reduces the amount of carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere.
- Recycling uses less energy than processing virgin materials, thereby reducing the amount of carbon dioxide released from burning coal, oil and natural gas.
- Recycling produces more jobs by benefiting local governments through waste management and encourages businesses to become innovative in product manufacturing and design using recycled materials.
File & Records Management wants to do our part to preserve the environment for future generations. We are committed to the preservation of our natural resources. You can help us by making a commitment to recycle your confidential materials! Contact File & Records Management today to schedule a No Cost, No Risk Destruction Service Consultation.